Dryer vent cleaning MD is quite important since fires that are caused because of dirty and clogged vents is the number one cause for residential fires in US today. Since these dryers are not in sight, most homeowners tend to neglect them the most. Even a new lint trap in the dryer would only be able to remove 80% lint which means that there would be a substantial amount of lint in the vents within a year. Lint is quite flammable and it can cause fires in home which can spread through the house in no time at all. With excess lint, the vents would be blocked and the air that is forced through the vents would be restricted which would make your dryer overheat and it would reduce its efficiency with time.
A Few Important Tips
* For dryer vent cleaning MD lg dryer repair pasadena, ensure that there are no rips in the lint trap. Clean it well each time before you load the clothes. If the lint is wet in the trap, then you should get your vents cleaned professionally. The screen should also be cleaned each week.
* Check the exterior hood of the vent when the dryer is in operation. If the flaps are moving and if you can feel the airflow then the vents are working fine. If not, then you should get it inspected.
* Check around the dryer to see if there is any lint on the floor which is a sign that the exhaust system should be cleaned.
* If the clothes take more than normal to dry, then the dryer would not be working efficiently and would have to be cleaned.
* Do not dry rags or clothes that have been soaked in flammable liquid.
A Few Recommendations
For dryer vent cleaning MD, you should consider setting up a regular appointment with your local cleaning company in Maryland to come and inspect your vents. You can also clean the vents at home if you have the right equipment and tools for the job like rods and brushes which are attached to high power drill. However, most homeowners do not have any experience with this which is why it is important to seek help of a professional cleaning company. There could be several things that might be wrong with the vents like vents that have too many bends, disconnected or loose vents, the wrong type of vent etc. A good company would have enough knowledge and the right tools to handle any of these situations well.
There are various types of repairs which you might need to get done from time to time. Some of the repairs that you might need can include changing or rerunning the vent exhaust ducts, changing or adding vent hood, cleaning the duct exits, or repairing a loose vent. In order to prevent fires at home, it is important to get the dryer vents at home cleaned at least once a year. Dryer vent cleaning MD should be an important part of your home maintenance.