The days of the clothesline are long behind us, as non commercial clothes dryers are claiming a vital place in the households of more and more average families. A dryer is a useful device, of course, able to save one both time and money, but as with every household appliance proper maintenance of the unit is vital in order to guarantee it a long and useful life.
The following tips should guarantee your dryer a long operating life, your clothes a longer future, and save you money in the process.
-Make sure to clean your lint filter after every load dryer repair pasadena, using soap and water. Simply scrubbing the lint filter may leave a waxy residue behind.
– Have the interior of the dryer, lint screen and exhaust duct cleaned by a qualified service technician every 18 months.
– Make sure to keep the area around the dryer free of clatter, as you need to provide air flow to the unit.
– The best times for laundry are in the early morning or late evening, as there are less demands on energy resources, making it less expensive and environmentally preferable to use the units.
– To reduce drying times, use a wash cycle with a fast spin speed to remove water from heavy items.
– Choose the automatic drying cycle for accurate drying time to save energy and time.
Lastly, do not leave any dump or wet items for long periods inside the dryer , this can be a serious fire hazard.